Cut and past issue

Benjamin Roe ben_ubuntu at benroe.com
Fri Nov 19 12:34:11 UTC 2004

> Holger Rumland wrote:
> | Hello Everyone,
> | as I used Ubuntu I discovered that you cannot copy and past graphics
> | from one program like for instance Gimp or Inkscape into Open Office.
> | Is this a Gnome issue and/or a GTK integration issue.

It doesn't work for me, either. I'm running warty plus OpenOffice 1.1.3
I installed myself. I can't copy/paste between GIMP or inkscape and any
other program.

I think GIMP uses its own clipboard for some insane reason, so you can't
copy and paste from it. I remember being able to copy and paste from
Inkscape to OpenOffice on previous distros, though.

Ben