Hottest (Free) Game In the Ubuntu World?

Loptr Chaote loptr.chaote at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 13:13:08 UTC 2004

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:07:15 -0500, David M. Carney
<carney1979 at gmail.com> wrote:
> What's the hottest game you're playing today?

I don't know if you mean "hot" as in "All The Flashy New Tricks From
The Latest 3D-Accelerated Graphicscard" or just hot as in "awesome
game".

But I you haven't, I would recommend you to check out ScummVM, a port
of the Lucas Arts scripting system giving you the ability to run old
classics like Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, Full Throttle and even
Beneath a Steel Sky, Simon The Sorcerer, Monkey Island, etc.

Might not be what you were looking for, but a lot of these games are
abandonware today meaning that their authors no longer claims any
copyright.

http://scummvm.sourceforge.net/

-L.C