Where's FireFox 1.0?
andyzib at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 22:46:25 UTC 2004
For the brave and bold, you can rebuild the Hoary's deb packages on Warty...
1. Make sure you have the Warty deb-src lines uncommented in
2. Run sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get build-dep mozilla-firefox
&& sudo apt-get install libkrb5-dev libgnome2-dev
(the last two packages are required by 1.0, but not 0.98 or whatever
is packaged in Warty)
3. Edit /etc/apt/sources.list again, add the following line.
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary main
4. Run sudo apt-get update again.
5. Make a temporary directory to hold the source code...
6. Change to your source code directory (ie: cd ~/tmp) and run:
apt-get source mozilla-firefox
(this is a 40mb download. Grab some coffee)
7. cd to the newly created mozilla-firefox-1.0 directory (ie: cd
~/tmp/mozilla-firefox-1.0) and run following command from the mozilla
(If you get an error about fakeroot, run sudo apt-get install fakeroot)
8. Cross your fingers and wait. I'm at this step right now.
9. Install the resulting .deb files with dpkg -i filename.deb. (ie: cd
~/tmp; dpkg -i mozilla-firefox-blah_blah.deb)
Step 9 is subject to change depending on how step 8 goes on my system.
:D I'll keep you updated....
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
A password is like your underwear; Change it
frequently, don't share it with others, and
don't ask to borrow someone else's.
More information about the ubuntu-users