GUI server tools?

John DeCarlo johndecarlo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 21:11:54 UTC 2004

I know there has been almost too much discussion here, but I don't
think there was enough mention of the need to "turn on" services.

I can turn on samba, for example, by creating a symbolic (or does it
have to be a hard?) link in the rc3.d directory and rc5.d, for
example.  But I would have to research what the best practice is -
should it be start with S35 or S85 or maybe S99 would be better.

A GUI (or even a command line script) would have this built in for all
the services that come with the distribution.