acceleration

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Wed Nov 17 16:50:59 UTC 2004

On 13/11/04 Steven Didier said:

> Could someone tell me how to enable 3d acceleration on my TiBook 867
> MHz. Ubuntu was the easiest install I've tried yet but I don't know how
> to make it (the Xserver) draw the screen so that dragging windows and
> objects across the desktop doesn't leave a trail like a slow comet!
> Thanks!

I would also like to know this. Fedora enabled acceleration for me, but
it appears that it is not enabled in Ubuntu.

[msoulier at latte msoulier]$ glxinfo | grep 'direct rendering'
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
direct rendering: No
[msoulier at latte msoulier]$ lspci | grep VGA
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA G200
AGP (rev 01)

Mike

http://www.digitaltorque.ca
http://opag.ca      python -c 'import this'