Where's FireFox 1.0?

Neil Woolford neil at neilwoolford.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 14:28:14 UTC 2004

At 13:52 17/11/04, you wrote:

>I'm new to Debian-style package distribution, so I have to ask: Where's
>FireFox 1.0?  I was showing off Ubuntu to a colleague and he kind of
>turned his nose up at the fact that 1.0 of FireFox isn't in the list of
>available packages.  How long does it typically take for released software
>to filter down to the package tree?  I don't see it in the "Universe"
>listing either.
>
>Thanks,
>...ROMeyn
>--

There was a (serious) bug in the FireFox 1.0RC that was available when
Warty was frozen for release.  The fixed version didn't make it in time for
inclusion.

I'm sure it will be in the next release (Hoary) in April next year.  It may
already be available off the Hoary development version, but of course it
wouldn't be supported.

Neil