Where's FireFox 1.0?

Bo Rosen bo.rosen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 14:17:15 UTC 2004

ons 2004-11-17 klockan 08:52 -0500 skrev Romeyn Prescott:

Welcome to Ubuntu!

> I'm new to Debian-style package distribution, so I have to ask:
> Where's FireFox 1.0?  I was showing off Ubuntu to a colleague and he

This has been discussed quite a bit over the last few weeks, but the
short answer is that the only kind of updates to software we'll see is
security fixes. The Ubuntu team is aiming for a stable distribution and
constantly updating software makes that very difficult. Instead we'll be
given regular six month releases.

However, you can always go to the firefox site and install v 1.0
yourself.

Cheers,
	Bo
--