mozilla user.js

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 06:46:43 UTC 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:21:44 -0800, Daniel Robitaille
<robitaille at gmail.com> wrote:

> One thing I have notice on my machine is that Thunderbird's binary
> obtained from mozilla.org seem to put its user profiles in
> ~/.thunderbird, while Ubuntu's Thunderbird profiles are localted in
> ~/.mozilla-thunderbird.
>
> Does anyone knows why they are different?  Personally I think
> Thunderbird should follow Firefox example and put it's profile in a
> subdirectory of ~/.mozilla

I'm not sure why they didn't put it under .mozilla either. That
definitely makes more sense. The only reason I can think of is that
every time they change anything profile related, people freak out when
something breaks or info gets lost.

Having said that, I have both Ubuntu's and Mozilla's versions of
Firefox and Thunderbird installed. The Firefox profiles haven't
changed enough for me to worry about, so they're both using the same
.mozilla profile.

For Thunderbird I just pointed .mozilla-thunderbird to .thunderbird
with a symlink and haven't had any problems.

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu