GUI server tools?

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 15:17:37 UTC 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:27:39 -0500, David Feldman
<mailing-lists at interfacethis.com> wrote:

> One thing I notice is missing from Warty is a set of GUI tools like
> those found in Fedora for administering services - starting and
> stopping common servers, setting up SMB shares, etc. Are such things
> available?

They're not available (installed) in Warty. The reason has been
mentioned here before - simply that desktop end-users shouldn't need
to be starting and stopping services. Having said that though, I
believe I also read that a GUI for this task is being researched for
the future.

In most cases, people who NEED to be editing services and configuring
server software, should know how to do it without the GUI. :-) That's
just my $.02.

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu