Trash Applet Broken

David M. Carney carney1979 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 03:40:45 UTC 2004

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:20:32 -0500, David M. Carney
<carney1979 at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK guys. I somehow broke my trash applet.
>
> If the applet is on my panel and I send something to the trash, it no
> longer shows to have trash in the can.
>
> If I get rid of the trash applet and then reinstall it on my panel,
> then it appears with trash in it. But when I delete the trash
> (~/.Trash is empty), the can still appears like it has trash in it.
>
> If I have the trash on my desktop, it still works right.
>
> I tried logging out of Gnome and back in, it didn't help.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> David
>
> --
> Registered Linux User #297958

Now this is scary.

I tried replacing my ~/.ICEauthority file, I tried reinstalling the
trash applet. None worked.

So I did a VERY un-linux thing -- I rebooted my computer.

Now the trash applet works as expected. Go figure.

David

--
Registered Linux User #297958