OSS

Bryan Pizzuti bpizzuti at optonline.net
Tue Nov 16 01:24:12 GMT 2004

Looks like switching everything to esound did the trick. Wierd, because
I thought the Intel on-board sound did hardware mixing, but I guess not
(I forgot that the last time the SDL games worked, they were being run
under KDE running an ARTS mixer, and not Gnome with the direct ALSa
mixer).  Incidentally, I was using xine/Gxine for DVD playing...tired
Okie too, since I have KDE installed, but that wasn't even showing
video, so pfft.

I noticed a bit of a delay in sound when using esound through SDL...is
that normal? It's only like a quarter of a second, but I can see where
it might get on my nerves.  Incidentally, using libsdl.alsa did NOT
work...I wonder if libsdl.arts would work and not get the delay...

These sound systems REALLY need to get unified somehow.  Kinda
annoying. ;)  Anyway, I'm gonna go back to playing with the new kernel
i'm working on...have to add wireless firmware it looks like, in order
to get the ipw2200 to work.