ext modem

afmdg afmdg at yahoo.fr
Sun Nov 14 19:36:33 UTC 2004

Vram a écrit :

>On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 20:54 +0200, afmdg wrote:
>

>>Jack Hudson a écrit :
>>

>>If your modem is recognised by Ubuntu.
>>You can use gnome-ppp in the hoary repositories.
>>It 's a frontend of wvdial for gnome like kppp.
>>

>Refresh my memory
>
>I need to change/add-line in /etc/apt/sources.list
>

> deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu warty universe
> deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu warty universe
>
>deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu warty-security main restricted
>deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu warty-security main restricted
>

>Copy and paste this with hoary instead of warty????
>

>then do apt-get update
>apt-get install gnome-ppp
>
>TIA
>
>Vram

You have to add this line if you want just take some package of the hoary.
I had this with synaptic it is more easier in Setings Menu, repositories.
You make a line like warty  for hoary that you can check or no.
apt-get update or use synaptic for refresh package.
After you do apt-get install gnome-ppp or you use also synaptic. This
package have dependancies.