Problem using Modem Lights panel applet.

Neil Woolford neil at neilwoolford.co.uk
Sun Nov 14 19:04:34 UTC 2004

To partially answer my own question about intractable problems setting up a
ppp modem connection with Network Tools;

What should I try next?  What am I missing here?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=3223&highlight=modem

Gives information about using pppconfig instead of the 'official' Network
Tools gui to set up ppp connections via modems.
There is also information about setting the lock file correctly in Modem
Lights preferences to make sure they *do* light.

It would still be nice to be able to use the Network Tools gui without
problems though...

Neil