USB Thumbdrive Mount Options

Ben P ben at instable.net
Sat Nov 13 15:21:28 UTC 2004

Hello all,
I am using a USB thumbdrive that is automatically mounted when I plug it
in.  I was wondering if I can change the mount options for this device
to include a 'noatime' option.  I noticed there has been some discussion
about the option 'sync', and that a new version of Pmount will
supposedly stop using 'sync', but that isn't what I am wanting to do.  I
want to disable 'noatime' to increase the device's lifetime.  Is there
any way to do this without adding an entry to /etc/fstab?  Should I need
to do that, what would the line be like?

Thanks very much,
Ben