Netgear wireless how-to ... Anyone successfully make this work?

John dingo at coco2.arach.net.au
Fri Nov 12 17:53:53 UTC 2004

Roger Scow wrote:

> I'm still looking for a way to work around the AirPort Extreme problem
> with the Apple iBook G4.  I found this How-to in a google.
>
> I'm new at all this, but can follow instructions if there is a
> reasonable chance to make it work.
>
> THis is the link ...   http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/answers/239
>
> The author seems to have made it work in Red Hat.  Any major changes
> with Ubuntu/Debian?

If yoy have one of those devices then those instructions look plausible:-)

You will need the linux-source package installed.

Note that step 6 (configuration) is RH-specific, but once you get that
far the U tools should do it. At worst, you will need to edit
/etc/network/interfaces

Note that it is perfectly possible there will be problems on your Mac
that an IA32 user won't have.