Reply-to in Ubuntu Users List

Jan Morén jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Sat Nov 13 01:10:54 UTC 2004

fre 2004-11-12 klockan 09:15 -0800 skrev Ed Fletcher:
> Fabio Mora wrote:
> > Ed Fletcher wrote:
> > read this:
> >
> > http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
> >
> > fab'
>
> OK, I've read it.  I can't say that I agree with the author of that
> page.  I have no problem with my list replys automatically going to the
> list.  As it is, I use Reply-to-all and delete the non-list address.  I
> could let it go without doing that but you'd get two copies of the same
> message.  Where's the benefit in that?  I still feel that setting the
> Reply-to header to the list address is a good idea.  However, different
> people will have different ideas on this.

Not everybody who posts on a mailing list is actually subscribed.
Especially for posting specific questions, it's not that uncommon. Also,
with a high-traffic list like this it is easy to miss a reply to
something you wrote even if you are subscribed. I know that I prefer
getting a copy sent to me specifically as well.

--
Trust the Computer. The Computer is your friend.

Tel. (Japan) 090-3622 8920            Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
                                      Dept. of Cognitive Science
http://lucs.lu.se/people/jan.moren    Lund, Sweden