Reply-to in Ubuntu Users List

Ed Fletcher ed at fletcher.ca
Fri Nov 12 16:48:41 UTC 2004

I've noticed that when I reply to a message on this list, Thunderbird
picks up the Reply-to header and uses that to determine who to send the
message to.  This is usually the author of the message I'm replying to.
   All well and good. Except that I most often want to reply to the list
rather than to the sender.  Can the list management settings be changed
to strip Reply-to headers and replace them with Reply-to: <list-address>?

This would save everyone from having to hit Reply-to-all and deleting
the previous author's address.  The other Linux mailing lists I on
already have this feature enabled.

Thanks to all for a great distribution and a _very_ active and
informative discussion/mailing list,
Ed
--
Ed Fletcher
ed at fletcher.ca

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty or democracy?  -  Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)