2d user added, no sound (useradd or adduser ?)

Guillaume Duveau guillaumeduveau at noos.fr
Fri Nov 12 12:04:33 UTC 2004

Thanks Matt ; but when I can log in and out anytimes I want, with the
first user I have the sound, with the second no... ? What should I do
except adding the second user to the audio group ? Having done that
should have allowed the second user to write to ALL audio devices that's
right ?

Could probably be an esd problem, though.

By the way I saw an adduser-howto on the Ubuntu site, where I read I
must use "useradd" and not "adduser" to add an user. Useradd just
doesn't prompt for any password so I chose adduser. Maybe is is related
with my problem ?