ubuntu for novices (NetworkManager)

Jan Morén jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Thu Nov 11 23:49:10 UTC 2004

tor 2004-11-11 klockan 23:49 +0100 skrev Ivo Marino:
> On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 23:40 +0100, Ivo Marino wrote:
>
> > The only problem ist: There are only packages for i386, nothing for
> > PowerPC. So I've just apt-get'ted the source packages trying to rebuild
> > the while network-manager-gnome on powerpc. Hope it will build.
> >
> And of course: It won't, mmmh.
>
> I receive this error during an dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc:
>
> 	checking for iwlib.h... yes
> 	checking for iw_scan in -liw... no
> 	configure: error: wireless-tools 27.pre23 not installed or not
>                    functional
> 	make: *** [config.status] Error 1
>
> Any suggestions on how to rebuild the network-manager-gnome package on a
> powerpc warty system? I've, of course, first done an apt-get buil-deps
> network-manager-gnome to get the required build stuff.

Actually, on an i386, starting NetworkManager fails with:

NetworkManager: relocation error: NetworkManager: undefined symbol:
iw_scan

Seems that problem above is not only powerpc related.

Also, isn't there a panel applet available as well, or have I
misunderstodd how to use it?

--
Trust the Computer. The Computer is your friend.

Tel. (Japan) 090-3622 8920            Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
                                      Dept. of Cognitive Science
http://lucs.lu.se/people/jan.moren    Lund, Sweden