xkb configuration

Mikhail Sobolev mikhail.sobolev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 23:23:22 UTC 2004

Hi

I seem to be lost a bit with xkb configuration.

On my old notebook (with plain Debian), I have the following command:

   cd .xkb ; xkbcomp mymap :0

After copying all files onto my new shiny Ubuntu, the same commands do
not lead to the expected result.  .xsession-errors file suggests that
the actuall command was run, however the necessary changes are not
effective.  I think it's somehow related with the way keyboard is
maintained by gdm/some other gnome stuff, however I do not really
understand where to look.

Does anybody have any advices? :)

Kind Regards,

--