Installing ubuntu on mac

Erik Bågfors zindar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 10:42:43 UTC 2004

Hi

I'm just about to install ubuntu on a imac and I'm not at all used to
mac's.  When reading the howto on the wiki it talks about a NewWorld
boot partition, but says nothing about what that is. I googled alittle
and found something about that it had to be 800K and have a specific
type.

Now, I also want to have MacOS on it.  So, I assume I have to do
something like this?

* Boot ubuntu cd,
* Partition disk, create four partitions, the newworld boot partition
800K first, the MacOS partition, the linux partion, and the linux swap
partition.
* Boot the MacOS cd and install that
* Boot the ubuntu cd and install that

Is this correct?

I really think the install instructions are lacking but I'm sure it
get's better soon, I'll keep track of what I do and add to the wiki.

Regards,
Erik