how unstable is hoary?

Thomas Beckett thomas.beckett at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 22:58:32 UTC 2004

> I'll tell you, I've been using it for a few days now, and with the
> exception of the Composite extension for xorg, I have had NO bugs yet.

I ran the composite extension last night (actually its still in my
config - so is working fine) but using it via the downloaded ubuntu build of
xcompmgr is painfully slow! after enabling the drop shadows which do
look cool - maving a window is pittifully slow. I know it is only for
testing, so I cant wait till gnome and the others implement support
for it... anyone know if gnome 2.10 will use it?

Tom