Name resolution with Sinus-111 wireless DSL router

randomZ ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Nov 10 20:12:39 UTC 2004

Hi,

Zugwrack Wrote:
> I had trouble once where my D-Link router was trying to renew the DHCP
> release and it was writing back to resolv.conf the incorrect ip
> address...it could be something similar...If you find this is the case
> you can add PEERDNS=No(where on Ubuntu I am unsure of)...in the other
> distro it was modules.conf...perhaps this will help...

Thanks a lot, but I have no idea what you're talking about. :(
What is resolv.conf? What is saved there? Where might I add the
mentioned option?
My /etc/resolv.conf file contains only the entry "nameserver
192.168.2.1", which is my router, so I'd think it is correct.

Perhaps adding my provider's DNS server to the list of known DNS
servers would help? If so, how could I find out what this server's
address is?

Can anyone help with this? Thanks in advance.

-Sebastian

--
randomZ