Winmodems in Hoary?

Ivo Marino eim at mentors.debian.net
Wed Nov 10 09:05:34 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 23:47 -0500, Tim Hull wrote:

> Is there anybody looking into the possibility of adding winmodem drivers
> to Hoary?
> Most are non-free, so they would go into restricted.

Hello Tim,

I would like to see such software also in Warty.

I've tried, unsuccessfully, to get an PcTel Winmoden running on a Warty
machine. I've used the official PcTel driver sources which in any case
won't compile successfully on Warty's 2.6.8-1 kernel.

Any suggestions regarding (Maybe a link to the right drivers)?

Thanks for feedback.
Regards,

 I.

--
   .''`.   Ivo Marino <eim at mentors.debian.net>
  : :' :   irc.FreeNode.net chan #debian-mentors
  `. ``    UIN 32463141 + JID eim at jabber.linux.it
    `-     Homepage http://mentors.debian.net/~eim/