eggdesktopentries.c

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at canonical.com
Wed Nov 10 18:08:14 UTC 2004

Le mercredi 10 novembre 2004 à 11:13 -0500, Travis Newman a écrit :

> something about egg drop soup. Anyone know what this means, if its
> dangerous, or how to fix it? Nothing SEEMS broken.
>
> ** (process:23454): CRITICAL **: file eggdesktopentries.c: line 2223
> (egg_desktop_entries_add_group): assertion
> `egg_desktop_entries_lookup_group (entries, group_name) == NULL' failed

Hi,

A .desktop is broken and update-desktop-database doesn't handle this
error. The only case we got for the moment
is /usr/share/applications/mplayer.desktop having duplicates entries
(that's fixed in hoary/multiverse), you could start by checking this
file. BTW the error is not a problem for the system don't worry.

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher