WARTY review

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Wed Nov 10 14:03:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 13:56 +0000, Benjamin Roe wrote:
> No, AFAIK all the themes follow the global metacity settings, and
> Metacity has blindly and stupidly followed other windowing environments
> in (by default) putting the close and maximise buttons right next to
> each other. Very annoying, especially combined with the GNOME
> developer's tendency to remove configuration options first and ask
> questions later.
>
> Something to change in Hoary, perhaps?

You can change it in the theme or in the metacity settings via
gconf-editor (I use this to turn off the minimise button). Probably not
worth changing for hoary, because it is something that a hell of a lot
of computer users are familiar with, including GNOME users.

- Jeff

--
Ooh, ooh, ooh!             http://www.ubuntulinux.org/           Ubuntu!