Suggestion for new repository of software - new versions, ofsoftware in between Ubuntu releases

Oliver Grawert hostmaster at grawert.net
Wed Nov 10 13:37:55 UTC 2004

hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 10.11.2004, 12:41 +0000 schrieb Colin Watson:
> I don't do Ubuntu release management except for kibitzing on the
> sidelines, but from release management experience elsewhere I can say
> that this tends not to work. At the speed things move in the free
> software world, if you wait one month for application X about all you
> achieve is to bring yourself right up to the point where application Y
> is just about to do a killer new release. Saying "we'll release every
> six months, and we won't wait" is really the only workable answer.
thats something you read everywhere, i'm wondering, just out of
curiosity, (not because i would like this model, in fact i dont think it
can work)...if anybody ever tried to release this way (waiting until
everything that is the latest stuff is stable at the same time and do a
quick release)....

has anybody ever see such a project or is this answer i read everywhere
always only an assumption that it just _cant_ work ?

ciao
	oli

--
got ubuntu ? -----------> GET UBUNTU !!!