X.org not using xfree86 xkb files?

janne jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Wed Nov 10 05:57:40 GMT 2004

TO get my keyboard running, I need an edit
in /etc/X11/xkb/keycodes/xfree86. With X.org installed in Hoary, this
edit still works fine while in GDM (keyboard works as expected in the
password dialogue), but once logged in, my changes aren't taking effect
anymore. The xorg.conf file is correct (unchanged since before the
change).

I'm not absolutely sure it is xorg itself that is to blame, of course,
but something being pushed in the last couple of days did cause this.

A possible related problem is that my UIM installation has seaced to
work for some reason. The daemons are still there, but the input method
switcher no longer includes any actual input methods (just a dummy UIM
method that does nothing). Again, not sure what is causing this (the UIM
setup is untoched), but it seems reasonable that it has the same cause.

--
Trust the Computer. The Computer is your friend.

Tel. (Japan) 090-3622 8920            Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
                                      Dept. of Cognitive Science
http://lucs.lu.se/people/jan.moren    Lund, Sweden