Suggestion for new repository of software - new versions of softwarein between Ubuntu releases

Joeb ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Nov 10 02:56:21 UTC 2004

As much as I desire the latest of the packages you mention, wouldn't
having the developers take time to test and repackage for Warty take
time away from their getting Hoary ready?  I hear for instance that
Hoary is going to use X.Org instead of Xfree, so that would mean
building and testing, firefox or Openoffice.org on two totally
different platforms.

Since Ubuntu is on a six month release cycle, I think the time would be
better spent making the next version rock solid.  Besides, by then,
firefox will probably be at 1.1 and Openoffice.org will have another
upgrade, too.

--
Joeb