Problematic packages for mplayer/acroread in multiverse

Tim Hull thully at umich.edu
Wed Nov 10 02:22:53 UTC 2004

Hello,
I added multiverse to my sources.list (I know that it is unsupported),
and I installed a few things, most notably mplayer and acroread.
However, mplayer (installed from mplayer-custom) refused to run
(clicking on the icon caused an icon to appear on the taskbar "Starting
MPlayer", but no window ever appeared.  I did have all mplayer
fonts/codecs/etc loaded.  Acroread seemed to have problems when clicking
on a PDF in firefox, because it didn't ever appear.  I was able to use
the packages from debian-marillat for these just fine (albeit with a
little tweaking for mplayer).  Could these be fixed at some point?
Also, I think it would be a good idea to allow universe/multiverse bug
reports on bugzilla.