HOWTO use a serial mouse

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 00:18:07 UTC 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 00:51:37 +0100, Oliver Grawert
<hostmaster at grawert.net> wrote:
> hi,
> Am Dienstag, den 09.11.2004, 17:44 -0600 schrieb Tommy Trussell:
> > The ubuntu Warty installer (i386) apparently doesn't check to see
> > which port the mouse is attached to. If you are installing on a PC
> > with a mouse attached to a serial port (rather than the mouse port),
> > here's what you need to do...
> would you write it in the wiki ?

I can -- but now I'm wondering how many places it should get posted?
When it comes time to update it (for example to reflect X.org instead
of xfree86, or maybe making it more general to include USB pointing
devices or brain wave receivers or whatever) I won't remember all the
places it's been posted....

And here I was concerned that I posted it in Users instead of Doc -- I
never imagined there were so many other options. Actually now that I
think of it I don't think I've even looked through the wiki.