How can I make a USB wireless dongle work on iBook?

Roger Scow rscow at mac.com
Tue Nov 9 16:12:28 UTC 2004

This is my first post to this Ubuntu list.  I'm just switching over
from YDL 3.01, and already like how Ubuntu works, installed, etc.
However, my new iBook does have AirPort Extreme and wireless is
unsupported at this point.  What I would like to try is using a USB
dongle and configuring the network access that way.  I've googled and
searched archives, but have not found any concrete Yea/Nay or How-to on
this.  I get the feeling it can be made to work, though.

Anyone out there have a How-to to post or a step-by-step for this
semi-newbie user?

Cheers!

Roger Scow
Belton, Texas, USA