ifup following apm resume

Scott Campbell scott.campbell at utoronto.ca
Tue Nov 9 13:54:39 UTC 2004

Small problem that I've just gotten around to fixing. When I resume from an APM
suspend on my thinkpad, my network adaptor is not up (a Linksys 10/100 USB) and
I have to manually: 'sudo ifup eth0'. Similarly, I have to do the same if I swap
USB devices and replace the USB network device. Interestingly, in both cases the
Gnome Network Monitor knows it's there (the icon changes from Stop Sign to
yellow Warning triangle), but does not bring the interface up.

I assume that I could put a one line script in /etc/apm/resume.d that would fix
the first problem, but would like to know if there's a better Ubuntu way, and
one that might fix the second as well. If I boot with the USB network device
attached, things work fine.

Thanks