expocity anyone?

Romeo Theriault romeo.theriault at maine.edu
Tue Nov 9 13:29:15 UTC 2004

I'm unclear on what exactly metacity is. Can it be run inside gnome? If so,
where do I run it from.

Romeo

> Has anyone tried out expocity?

Jup, works.

> I'd like to try it out, because I very much miss Expose when I use my

> linux box, which is almost always now. But I haven't seen any good

> docs on how to set it up. The README is pretty sparse. From what I

> understand it is the windowmanager metacity plus the functionality of

> expose too.

Right.

>  But I'm not sure how to get another windowmanager in the list of

> available options on the gdm boot screen.

Because it's just a patch to metacity, that shouldn't be necessary.

Compile it and install it. Or, as i do it, compile it and then run
./src/metacity --replace, as it seems to be slower than the 'original'
metacity ;)

greets,

Maxi

PS: The extra functionality is on alt+tab

Romeo Theriault    ---    romeo.theriault at maine.edu

Phone:  (207)834-7815

Computer Technician

University of Fort Kent Maine