Feature Request (was Re: Small/Older System p300/128 mb)

John Levin john at technolalia.org
Mon Nov 8 20:25:40 UTC 2004

On 7 Nov 2004, at 00:49, Alexander Poslavsky wrote:

> Anybody here using older sytems, p300/128 or something like that?
>
> https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/LowEndSystemSupport
>
> Does not really cover a complete install.

I've installed Ubuntu on an old 266mhz/64mb laptop - and it is sloooow.
Obviously, gnome is the main weight on the system, and I'll install
IceWM or XFCE at some point - but this box isn't online, so that's a
little tricky.

Request for Hoary; could an alternative, lightweight WM be included? I
think this thread has shown that there is a need for support for older
systems.

(And tangentially, where is the right place to make feature requests?)

John