dbus-daemon-1 fails to exit

Rui Tiago Matos tiagomatos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 19:35:41 UTC 2004

Hello,

I don't like to use gnome, so i use ion and i like to setup my X
session in ~/.xsession . So i installed ubuntu and tweaked all these
things. I start GDM with the option Session=custom which I think is
the right one with this setup. Now, X in ubuntu is configured to
always start dbus with the option --exit-with-session, so far so good.
The problem is that this is _not_ what happen. When i kill my X
session either with ctrl+alt+backspace or by exiting the WM, the
following process:

       dbus-daemon-1 --fork --print-pid 8 --print-address 6 --session

does not end and if I log in again a new identical one is created...

I know how to deactivate dbus but this is a strange behaviour anyway.
Anybody has this problem? is it a bug and thus should be reported in
bugzilla?

thanks