Thanks

Zugwrack zugwrack at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 17:57:14 UTC 2004

John, Ryan thanks for the reply, and making me feel part of the
group... I guess one of the first questions I have is where to get a
active list of servers/mirrors for apt to connect to for any
upgrades/additions I want to make? I presume /etc/apt/apt.conf is the
location of the file to edit to add the mirrors?
I am at work and just did get Ubuntu installed before retiring for the
night last night.

Is there a smp kernel I can install to take advantage of my dual G4?

Is dkpkg only for files that are residing on the hard drive to install/remove?

Guess those are some of the burning questions I have right now...

One other thing I noticed last night... My canoscan LiDE 30 scanner
was not recognized when trying xsane out...

Thanks in advance to all who reply....

Mirrored drive G4 dual 512 ram, Radeon 9000 (64 meg), 250 gig external
firewire hard drive, external LaCie 4X DVD/CD burner.