Resetting locale? Multiple locales?

Neil Woolford neil at neilwoolford.co.uk
Sun Nov 7 19:56:42 UTC 2004

Hi,

How does one go about resetting the locale of a machine?  One of the
machines I have on the go at the moment is to go to my brother in
France, so I'd like to change the locale from uk (Great Britain) to fr
(France), without reinstalling from scratch.

My very ideal, however, would be to have a choice of locale by session.
This is hinted at by the 'language' choice on the Gnopme login page, but
how do I go about setting it up?

Neil

PS  I've found the keyboard language layout switcher panel applet in
Gnome, which is a start, but I really want to be able to have all the
defaults available...