vncserver has no xstartup file

FX ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun Nov 7 19:50:36 UTC 2004

hmmm I had it working at one time and now I can't get it to work.

I've tried setting up the remote desktop in the preferences and I've
tried adding a gedit thing and I still get nothing but a grey screen
with an X.

When connecting what am I suppose to use in the vncviewer popup? I
tried using my computers name with "localdomain", I've tried
"localhost.localdomain:<#> and it won't connect at all.

Also how would I get it to work from a different location, say school?
Like I said I had it working at one time where I could see my desktop
with vnc but no more.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

FX

--