W32codecs missing from multiverse?

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at luukku.com
Sun Nov 7 18:56:31 UTC 2004

Hello!

According to "RestrictedFormats" wiki page w32codecs should be in the
multiverse, but when I a moment ago tried to download it with Synaptic,
it wasn't there. It doesn't seem to be in the universe either (and it
propably shouldn't). I have multiverse enabled in my repositories list
and I did also refresh the package list first. I didn't get any error
messages during this attempt and everything seemed normal otherwise too.

If someone knows anything about this, I would be glad to hear it. I hope
I'm not missing something totally trivial here -  but I propably am, so
I'm already getting ready for an embarrasement... :-)

Regards,
Ari Torhamo