local dir apt-get files

Johan johansche at absamail.co.za
Sat Nov 6 05:40:18 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have ubuntu warty installed and with apt-get updated fully plus with kde. Now fully updated to hoary.

While updating all these files get stored here .. /mnt/hda7/var/cache/apt/archives .. now I rsync them to

 /mnt/sda14/ubuntu-updates/*.deb .

. there is 1007.4 MB of *.deb files stored here.

Now for experiment and learning I installed ubuntu on sda8 & 9. (This is a SATA drive and I am trying to see any speed improvements.)

OK .. now I would like to use those files to update this new install to whatever apt-get can.

Now I have downloaded apt-get howto's and studied these .. but I don't seem to get it to work. Now I am sure it is easy once you get the feeling of it.

Now I would appreciate if some one kind with the time and know-how to kindly explain step by step how this can be achieved, please.

Using all those files in../mnt/sda14/ubuntu-updates/*.deb

((for me this in mdk would have been easy  ..  because I know exactly how the workings of urpmi  .. actually I already done this to a similar install on sda))

Thanks
--
Johan Sch
Registered linux user #333034