Quick check about kernel patching and compile...

Andy Main ubuntu at chicken-farm.co.uk
Fri Nov 5 18:47:12 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 13:13 -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 09:34:54AM +0000, Andy Main wrote:
>
> > Before I miss anything out I thought I'd check here....
> >
> > Is the Ubuntu kernel built from standard Debian source or is there an
> > Ubuntu patch?
>
> The Ubuntu kernel source is in the package "linux-source-2.6.8.1".

Okay, I finally got round to doing this. However my nvidia GFX doesn't
work anymore as I don't have a 'linux-restricted-modules' for my self
built kernel (at least I assume this is the problem - I tried
reinstalling the nvidia-glx deb).

Can someone walk me through this like I'm a baby?! I only wanted to
switch on preemption!

Thanks,

Andy.