Evolution pains

Benjamin Roe ben_ubuntu at benroe.com
Fri Nov 5 10:25:52 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 02:06 -0500, Hyrcan wrote:
> I'm glad I'm not the only one....although I'm more annoyed at the fact
> that evolution's processes eat up over 200+meg of memory when running
> and that doesn't include spamassasin (which is needed to filter spam
> easily)

I second pretty much everyone of those complaints and add one of my own:
I can't find a way to say "don't check mail in this folder". I can have
Evolution check mail in all folders or just the inbox, but nothing in
between. I have a lot of folders, only a few of which will ever have
mail delivered into them, and Evolution takes forever to check for new
mail. Ignoring folders is also good for ignoring the Spam folder, so I'm
not constantly listening to the new mail sound. Thunderbird and KMail
both do this.

KMail is the only thing I miss from KDE.

Ben