libncurses5-dev, equivalent to "packages.debian.org"?

Markus Amersdorfer der.plusch.lists at gmx.at
Fri Nov 5 09:47:24 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,

I'm desperately searching for "libncurses5-dev" for Warty to be able to
do a "make menuconfig" to re-compile the Linux-kernel.
I can't find this package neither on the Warty-CD nor on
archive.ubuntu.com in any of the dists-trees'.

Could someone point me to where I can download the .deb-package, please?
(Note: I currently don't have internet-access on the Ubuntu machine, so
I'd need a link. An additional hint on the corresponding
sources.list-entry would be fine too, though.)

And while I'm writing this mail: Starting to work with Ubuntu, one of
the things I'm missing the most is an equivalent to Debian's
http://packages.debian.org/ to be able to search for which package of
what version are the different trees of Debian / Ubuntu.
If there is such a tool, I'd be grateful if you could point me to it.
Otherwise, I'd like to feature-request this. :)

Finally, many thanks for Ubuntu!

Cheers,
Max

--
Information is always to be treasured, Raul. It is behind only love
and honesty in a person's attempt to understand the universe.