WARTY review

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 04:43:51 UTC 2004

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 14:50:45 +1100, Jeff Waugh <jeff.waugh at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 21:44 -0500, volvoguy wrote:
> > I don't really understand some of the reviews that only give Ubuntu an
> > average or slightly better than average rating.
>
> We can't, and won't, convince everyone. Not a problem.

I might be wrong but it seems like Ubuntu is being directed to a
different audience than the folks who lurk around linux publications.
So it's no wonder even its strengths are being dismissed in those
venues.

Personally, I'm looking at Ubuntu NOT for myself, but as a way to (not
have to) support other people, like my mother-in-law or neighbor.

I'll probably continue to run Debian or Mac OS X on the servers and
other systems around me but choose Ubuntu for the not-so-geeks around
me (just about everyone around me would qualify ;-) ). I have been
very impressed so far, and if my mother-in-law never has to reboot
into Windows then in my mind Ubuntu will be a complete success.