DVD burning problems

Robert Parker bposs at dodo.com.au
Thu Nov 4 23:49:56 UTC 2004

On Friday 05 November 2004 07:44, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 08:19:05PM +1100, Robert Parker wrote:
>
> I do this all the time (it's how I burn Ubuntu test CD images), and it has
> never behaved this way for me.  The only difference is that I do not use
> -dvd-compat, but I don't think that should matter.

It worked when I substituted '/dev/dvd' for '/dev/hdc'.
/dev/dvd is just a symlink to /dev/hdc so why that made a difference I don't
know.

> Try right-clicking on the ISO in Nautilus and burning it that way.

Did try that, and I kind of like the idea for when I'm using the box thru a
gui. But, because I'm running each distro in a 5gig partition, when Nautilus
trys to copy the iso first up (why the copy?) it complains about lack of room.
I do have a 40 gig area to share with whatever Linux I boot into so maybe I
can persuade Nautilus to use that.

But, the main idea is to run headless, and do my burning controlled from
another box via ssh + cli.

> Also, I hate to ask, but have you loop-mounted the ISO and made _certain_
> that it doesn't contain a file 'mybig.iso'? :-)

That was suggested and being 'so impossible' I immediately loop mounted the
iso to check inside it. But no, it just had a directory tree in it.

Thanks
Bob Parker

--
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.