Mono installation from source?

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 15:28:42 UTC 2004

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 04:48:00 -0600, Juergen <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> martin Wrote:
> > Is it me, or is Monodevelop not part of universe yet?
> You can temporarily add hoary's universe to your sources.
> That way you can get the current mono 1.0.2 - I think with warty you
> only get 1.0.1 - and monodevelop should be in there.
>
> If not, this still works: http://www.getsweaaa.com/~tseng/ubuntu/debs/
> The mono-packages seem to be removed, but monodevelop is still there.

No need to look anywhere else: There are in  the pool of Ubuntu's
universe if you need to install them manually:
 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/m/mono/
 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/m/monodevelop/

Of course mixing up packages from Hoary's and Wary's Universe could
lead to all sort of other problems on your system  and increases your
risk factor of breaking something on your machine....