GDesklets Broken

Kevin Mulligan kevin at teamindecisive.com
Thu Nov 4 04:16:20 UTC 2004

I have tried everything that has been mentioned. I did the Run Program
-> gdesklets to get the daemon running, then tried typing in/searching
for a file to open. When attempting to open what I believe is the config
file, I get "Invalid display file
'/usr/share/gdesklets/config/ConfigManager.py'".

I then tried simply going to the file via Computer -> Drives ->
/usr/share/gdesklets/config/ConfigManager.py, and right clicking and
telling /usr/bin/gdesklets to open it. This resulted in the same error.
I even tried usr/bin/gdesklets-thumbnail-viewer. This gives no error,
but does nothing.

I may try downloading the package from the website rather than using the
Synaptic one. I will report on this either today or tomorrow.

Any more suggestions are still welcome, of course.

--Kevin