GDesklets Broken

David M. Carney carney1979 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 01:22:34 UTC 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 20:09:20 -0500, David M. Carney <carney1979 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 19:58:02 -0500, Kevin Mulligan
>

> <kevin at teamindecisive.com> wrote:
> > I attempted to install GDesklets via Synaptic, along with
> > Gdesklets-data. Both installed fine. When I go to Applications ->
> > Accessories -> Gdesklets... I get the spinning 'busy' icon, but nothing
> > after that. I was expecting a setup page or something like that to
> > appear, and nothing happens.
> >
> > Help?
> >
> > --Kevin
> >
> > --
> >

> It's been a LONG time since I've run gDesklets.
>
> Try this: http://gdesklets.gnomedesktop.org/
>
> David
>
> --
> Registered Linux User #297958

I used Nautilus and went to
/usr/share/gdesklets/Displays/XXXX/YYY.display and right-clicked on
the YYY.display file. I then told Nautilus to open it with gdesklets.
It opened (behind Nautilus) just fine. Middle mouse button moved it
around, right-clicking on it let me choose to configure it (if that
option is available).

Nautilus "remembers" and lets me use gdesklets as an option to open
".display" files now. Maybe it did before, too, and I just didn't
notice ;-)

Thanks for the better link, ulrich!

David

--