DVD burning problems

Robert Parker bposs at dodo.com.au
Wed Nov 3 09:19:05 UTC 2004

Burnt a ~4 gig iso to dvd like so:

growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/hdc=mybig.iso

which is straight off the man page with relevant substitutions.

Unfortunately, it puts the iso within another iso so that when I mount
/dev/hdc with the burnt dvd in it the content is just
'mybig.iso' instead of the internals of the original iso.

I could easily loop mount the iso and burn the directory tree as above but
that will be useless if the iso image is intended to be bootable.

This is my first attempt at dvd burning in Linux so any advice will be
appreciated.

Regards
Bob Parker